Barry W. Littrell
is a partner in the firm and concentrates his practice in the areas of personal injury defense, insurance coverage litigation, and insurance bad faith defense.
He received his undergraduate degree from Wittenberg University in 1980 and his law degree from The Ohio State University College of Law in 1983.
Mr. Littrell has served as lead or co-counsel in over 100 jury trials and approximately 40 non-jury trials. He has spoken on subjects involving litigation and alternative dispute resolution on numerous occasions. He is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association. Mr. Littrell also serves as a private mediator in cases pending in Central Ohio, when requested.
Mr. Littrell is also active in defending individuals accused of criminal violations and serious traffic offenses. As such, he is a member of the Columbus, Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Appellate Practice
- Bad Faith Punitive Damages
- Civil Litigation
- Closed Head Injuries /Traumatic Brain Injury Claims
- Fire and Casualty Law
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Claims Management
- Insurance Defense
- Wrongful Death
- Criminal Defense
- Negligence Law
- Traffic Defense
- Mediation / Arbitration
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ohio, 1983
- The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. – 1983
- Wittenberg University
- B.A. – 1980
Honors and Awards
- Earned Martindale-Hubbell “A-V” peer review designation (legal ability “Very High to Preeminent” and general ethical reputation “Very High”)
- Selected to Super Lawyers in 2013 and 2014. Only 5% of the Lawyers in the State of Ohio are Selected based upon Peer Recognition and Professional Achievement
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Member